May Crowning and Hymn
Bring flowers of the rarest, bring flowers of the fairest,
From garden and woodland and hillside and vale.
Our full hearts are swelling, our glad voices telling,
The praise of the loveliest rose of the dale.
(Reverently placing a crown made of fresh flowers upon Our Lady’s statue):
(Chorus) O Mary, we crown Thee with blossoms today,
Queen of the Angels, Queen of the May. (repeat)
Our voices ascending in harmony blending,
O thus may our hearts turn dear Mother to Thee.
O thus shall we prove Thee how truly we love Thee.
How dark without Mary life’s journey would be! (Chorus)
O Virgin most tender, our homage we render,
Thy love and protection, sweet Mother to win;
In danger defend us, in sorrow befriend us.
And shield our fond hearts from contagion of sin. (Chorus)
Of Mothers the dearest, oh, wilt Thou be nearest,
When life with temptation is darkly replete?
Forsake us, oh never! Our hearts be they ever
As pure as the flowers we lay at Thy feet! (Chorus)
Acclamations to the Queen of Heaven
“May Her Rosary be found in the hands of all. May She gather together small groups, or great multitudes, of Christ’s faithful in churches, in homes, in hospitals, and in prisons to sing Her praises. May the name of Mary, which is sweeter than nectar and more precious than any jewel, be given the highest honor.”-His Holiness Pope Pius XII (Ad Caeli Reginam)
To be devoutly prayed every day:
Leader: Beloved Mother, how sweet it is to the hearts of Thy children to proclaim Thee Immaculate Queen of the Universe. We know that Thou art the Woman, Blessed among all women-that all generations have proclaimed and shall proclaim Thee Blessed-that Thou art Mediatrix of all Graces. But now we rejoice that the royal diadem has been officially placed upon Thy Immaculate brow-by the true Vicar of Jesus Christ.
People: We salute Thee, we proclaim Thee as our beloved Sovereign, the Queen of Heaven and earth! To Thee, Celestial Queen, all glorious and all loving, be honor, glory, and love!
Sundays, Wednesdays, & Saturdays, on the Feast of the Ascension, daily during the Octave
of Pentecost, and on the Feast of Mary, Queen of the Apostles:
1. Leader: At the hour of Thy glorious Assumption-all the choirs of Heaven gathered around Thee with one acclaim. With love God the Father received His Daughter of predilection-the Holy Ghost, His chosen Spouse-and the Incarnate Word, Jesus, Thy Son, placed Thee at His right hand.
People: This feast of Thy royalty makes earth partake of the joy of Heaven. O Queen of bounty and love, help us to be docile and submissive to Thy maternal domination.
2. Leader: We salute Thee with the glorious Apostles, of whom Thou wert the Mother and the wise Counselor; O unshakable column of the infant Church.
People: Through Thy intercession, the Holy Ghost descended as a fire of love to remain with us forever.
3. Leader: Through Thy mediation, the Holy Ghost enlightened, strengthened, and inflamed the Apostles.
People: Queen of the Apostles, like Moses on the mountain, Thy prayer made fruitful their apostolic labors.
4. Leader: Descend to earth, Celestial Queen, to fill our hearts with Divine love.
People: Conquer the enemies of Christ, who fill the earth with a flood of foulness. Dispel the darkness in which so many souls are now engulfed, in the blindness of proud Rationalism, and in the smog of base Materialism.
5. Leader: Destroy the golden calf and crush the Mammon of Iniquity, that men may finally understand where true riches are to be found-in the possession of Truth, of Justice, and of Divine Charity.
People: Prepare, O Royal Shepherdess, that long-awaited hour when there will be but one Fold and one Shepherd under Christ the King, Thy Son and Thy God!
To be devoutly prayed on Mondays & Thursdays:
1. Leader: We salute Thee, O Queen of ancient Patriarchs, to whom Thou wert, even before Thy birth, the hope and consolation.
People: We acclaim Thee, Queen of holy Prophets, who foretold Thy Virginal Conception and Thy Divine Maternity.
2. Leader: With St. Elizabeth, Mother of the Precursor, St. John, who leapt for joy in his mother’s womb on the blessed day of Thy Visitation, we proclaim Thee, “Blessed among women, and blessed the Fruit of Thy womb.”
People: With more reason than the inhabitants of Bethulia, delivered by the courageous Judith, we cry out with enthusiasm: Thou art the glory of Jerusalem; Thou art the joy of Israel; Thou art the honor of the entire human race.
3. Leader: With the woman of the Gospel we cry: “O Jesus, blessed is the womb that bore Thee, and the breasts that nursed Thee!”
People: Because more than all others, Thy glorious Mother, O Jesus, hast heard the word of God, hast pondered it in Her heart, and hast kept it perfectly.
4. Leader: O Queen of the poor, daughter of the Kings of Juda, Who lived for thirty years in Nazareth as the humble spouse of Joseph the carpenter, bring to the world that true justice which will permit man to earn his bread in a worthy way, and will ensure him the means necessary to the practice of Christian virtue.
People: O Queen of Divine Love, drive away the spirit of hatred and contention between peoples. Unite the hearts of families, communities, and nations in true fraternal charity in a spirit of Christian justice.
Tuesdays & Fridays, and on the Feast of the Holy Cross:
1. Leader: Queen of Martyrs, standing at the foot of the Cross as the Valiant Woman, “Thy Mother’s rights and Thy Mother’s love were included in the holocaust.”
People: Crucified by the Compassion of Thy Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart, Thou cryest to us: “O all you who pass by the way, attend and see if there is any sorrow like unto My Sorrow.”
2. Leader: It is therefore right and just that this Sorrowful Heart of the Co-Redemptrix should triumph in Heaven and on earth.
People: Triumph in Heaven, O Queen of Angels and joy of the elect!
3. Leader: Triumph on earth, O Immaculate Queen of Peace!
People: Make us triumph through the Blood of the Divine Lamb, and the word of our witness, even in the face of death.
4. Leader: Drive back to Hell the impure spirits who have encompassed this world and befouled so many places by indecent dress, by scandalous publications, and by debasing amusements.
People: Upon this earth, created by the Eternal Word, redeemed and washed in the Divine Blood and sanctified by His Eucharistic Presence, prepare the way for His glorious coming.
To be prayed every day:
Leader: Triumph on earth, O Queen of the Most Holy Rosary!
People: We promise Thee, O Victorious Queen, to fight beneath Thy banner, strong in faith, unshakable in confidence, aflame with Divine Charity, which Thy Divine Son came to cast upon the earth and wills to be enkindled.
All, slowly and devoutly:
Mary, Immaculate Queen of the Universe, Spouse of the Holy Ghost,
Mediatrix of All Graces; Triumph and Reign, in the Name of Jesus,
and for the Love of Jesus, Now and Forever. Amen.
(On the Feast of the Queenship the Act of Consecration is led here, followed by the Prayer of Pope Pius XII .)